OK, Geoff Livingston tagged me for the New Year meme – eight things you don’t know about me.
- I love Sunset/Sunrise photos. I probably have over 20,000 of them on my computer.
- I had the opportunity to work at McMurdo Station – to actually “winter over”. I hate the cold. I took an assignment in Pensacola, FL instead.
- I owned an 18 foot Prindle catamaran for two years – during that time I didn’t own a car (motorcycle only). I would “bum a tow to the beach“.
- I once transferred from an aircraft carrier to an LPH, during extremely high seas off the coast of North Korea, in the Sea of Japan. It was a Jackstay transfer. I don’t recommend it.
- I once worked for Dr. Benjamin Aaron – the surgeon that operated on Ronald Reagan after the assassination attempt in 1991.
- I was the duty driver for the US Navy Surgeon General (William Cox) for a period. At that time I had no valid driver’s license. It was great duty though!
- I’ve been to over 50 countries, yet haven’t left the USA in the last 6 years (except one quick trip into Mexico).
- I’ve been to 47 of the US states. I’m only missing Maine, Delaware, and New Hampshire.
Iâ€™ve been tagged three times in the eight random things about you meme (8 for â€˜08). Thanks to Stuart Henshall, Toby Bloomberg and Todd Defren for tagging me. I agree with Todd, as this is a little too self absorbed. However, I did try to pull out eight very random facts about me for â€˜08.