You can look at my last few posts, look at the links to the MS forums, to Scoble, etc and dig deeper into this. But basically, here is what’s happened.
- I am a legitimate MS Vista Beta Tester.
- I have provided MS tons of feedback – to include talking to their developers on the phone.
- This morning I awoke to find my Vista software was no longer validated – it was and still is crippled.
- I posted a question (and linked to a longer post) on my blog.
- That post was deleted from the Microsoft “Windows Genuine Advantage” forum.
- I posted at least twelve more posts to the forum – each of which was deleted.
- I have been trying to find out how to “un-cripple” my Vista installation – to no avail. Microsoft won’t respond to me (worse yet – they have blocked me from posting in any of their forums)
So now I have a completely screwed Vista install, Microsoft was deleting my forum posts, and they have now blocked me from those forums. I am legal beta tester – an advocate for Microsoft (click on the Categories/Vista link on the right – you’ll see my positive posts on Vista). I have a crippled system. I no longer have access to any Microsoft support forums. I no longer have access to Microsoft Update.
And to top it all off – they’ve disabled my office 2007 beta (another program in which I am a legal beta participant).
All on a Saturday. All without notice. All without explanation.
Microsoft gutted me today, and I will be hard pressed to allow myself to be in this position again.
But Microsoft has seriously disappointed me – especially the reactions in the forums. Censoring me for not agreeing with them is just wrong. Doing it without warning or explanation is EVIL.