1) HD DVD will be the only HD DVDs you find in retail stores late next year. If you want Blu-ray you will probably be ordering a lot online.
2) Half the people you kow that don’t have HDTV sets will have them before the year’s end.
3) Walmart will either buy Amazon, or become very closely partnered with them.
4) Microsoft will buy Ask.com (or merge with Yahoo).
5) Vista will start slowly but make huge strides next fall as the “have to have” back to school OS. Sales will remain strong through the Holiday Season.
6) Sony will prematurely announce the Playstation IV – primarily to maintain customer interest due to poor sales of the Playstation 3. (Pre-prediction for 2009 – the Playstation IV will be a year late by now).
7) $100 Internet ready laptops will be available at Walmart. Custom Operating System. Web-based Office Suite. Is as popular as the Apple Newton.
8) The NFL Channel and Time Warner will come to an agreement (finally) but it’ll cost me a ton of money. (Hey, it’s Tech related, really!)
9) The only people using the term “Web 2.0” will be “Web 1.0” people that are just catching up. Tagging websites with “Beta” will be more popular than ever.
10) MIcrosoft’s Zune Music player will overtake second position in sales of MP3 players. It’ll cost Microsoft 100’s of millions of dollars, but in the end, they’ll make a fortune off the Zune. More than Apple had made off the iPod.
What would you add? Got any guesses?