Paul pushed me into this with his comment on my post from yesterday. So Blame Him.
- I usually only need 3 hours of sleep a night. That makes it easy for me to work a lot of hours in one day – because I love working. When I love my work.
- I don’t eat much – one meal a day, at most. Some days I just don’t eat. I weigh 138 pounds. I weighed 145 pounds when I joined the Navy – 30 years ago. I have a metabolism from hell.
- I am a single parent – father. Got custody of my kids when they were 10 and 12. They are now 18 and 20. I haven’t fucked them up.
- I know who I am, and what I want. Sure, I question myself at times, but basically I am happy being me.
- I get to teach, and this is extremely meaningful to me.
- If I can’t make a difference, I can’t work for you. I need to be an “impact player” – or I take my ball and go home. It is just how I roll. In my current role, I am making a difference.
- I am divorced, and get along with my ex. We have keys to each others homes. We are friends. We live close together, raise our kids together, and work as a parental unit. No matter our personal history with each other. I got the best of both worlds. My kids, and a mother involved in their lives.
- I work at home, whenever I want to – which is most of the time. It is where I do my best work for customers, so my employer allows it.
- I live in San Antonio, TX, which is a place I have moved BACK to nearly a dozen times. I will move again – from my current large home – but NOT from San Antonio. I am here to stay. This time.
- I have a very few employees – but they are really amazing employees, and I appreciate them every day. They make me look good, feel good, and act better. What more could you ask of employees?
- Finally – I am at a point in my life that I know what I want. I know what I need. And I work for a company that puts up with me sometimes being a bit crazy 🙂 They trust me. And I trust them. And THAT is something I have looked for for a long time.
So, Paul – I hope this satisfies you. It was fun writing, because limiting it to 11 items was tough.