It’s Master’s week – and instead of seeing Tiger Woods all over commercials I am seeing Peyton (Pay-Ton’s) Manning. Over, and over, and over.
OK – I am officially tired of Peyton now, ok? This Gatorade commercial is just stupid (and makes him look stupid and not in a cute, “Oh the silly jock” kind of way. He just looks like an idiot.
First off – I don’t do Gatorade for breakfast. That’s why the aliens brought us V8. V8 is the ULTIMATE breakfast drink. It is So versatile:
- Make meatloaf – pour a can of V8 (my son and I prefer Spicy for this) over the meatloaf before you cook it. Moist, yes. Tasty, heck yes!
- A little Vodka and pepper and you have a pseudo Bloody Mary (I know – you bartenders will argue, but hell, V8, Vodka a stick of celery or two and pepper for breakfast probably means I’m not being too damn particular that morning anyway).
- V8 loves beer. And beer loves V8. Spicy if you can take it, regular V8 if you can’t. I know this will cause the testicles of my European friends to crawl so far inwards they are protruding out their “bung holes” – but it’s a fact – this is a damn fine use for V8 (even if not a perfect use for beer). It does, though make the V8 less intrusive.
- V8, poured over a can of dog or cat food will entice the fussiest of pets.
- A roast in a pressure cooker is best cooked smothered in V8.
- Got some cheap steaks that just don’t do well on their own? Put them on the grill – once you are ready to flip the steaks, pour the V8 on them. Wait a minute and flip. Repeat until the steaks are done. This adds flavor, and color, and moisture (not to mention taste to an otherwise maybe not so great cut of steak).
- You can saute chopped onions in V8 for a really unique taste. I came about this one day after having too many V8/Vodka drinks (or was it V8/beer?) before dinnertime. Hell, before lunch, even.
- This one sounds really weird, I know – but if you make home made bread – complete the dough – just prior to baking mix in some V8 (you may have to slightly reduce the liquid you add into the initial bread recipe – play with it). You end up with a brilliantly colored bread that is extremely tasty, and you get the added benefit of the goodness of V8 (i.e. – wash it down with a Beer/V8 combo).
So I’m not buying any of this new “breakfast Gatorade”. Not until someone else find a better use for it that waking up thirsty. I got water for that!